Thursday, May 27, 2010




Do you ever put off writing for no particular reason? That's where I'm at right now. I have read a million blogs by authors and all of them say to write everyday even if you don't feel like it. I know this is great advice, but I just can't seem to heed it at this moment.

I think...why do I sit here all day reading these freakin awesome blogs when I need to be writing. OK, just one more blog entry...this one will be the last one....oh, this looks like a very helpful link...I'll stop after this.



And four hours later, I'm being reminded by my kids that they are hungry and I need to start dinner.

Why do I do this? Spend endless hours learning more and more on the craft of writing and more and more and more and don't sit and actually use the tips given to me.

Maybe I'm afraid. I'm afraid I won't be able to do it. That my novel will turn out cruddy. That I will start off great and hopeful and then get stuck and think maybe I wasn't meant for this gig after all. I'm sure it's all of the above.

I'll never be published if I don't first write the book....How many times have you heard that? I know it's true and I repeat it to myself often....but, I'm still just sitting here not writing anymore of my novel.

I can do this. I can do this. Right?

Sometimes I wish I had an office to go to to just work on my book. I have a hard time writing at home.....something ALWAYS distracts me. I can't get away from it.

I read somewhere that Stephen King wrote 1500 words a day everyday except his birthday and July 4. If he can do it so can I.....If I write it they will come...wow, kinda had an epiphany with that :)

Prayer will be my main motivation. I need God's help with this one and I know He will. He lead me down this path and I don't want to fail Him.

Am I the only one out there or does anyone else have this problem?

No comments:

Post a Comment