Friday, May 14, 2010

Guitly or not...Do I get involved?

I want to take the time to post about something not writing related today. Well not the kind of writing I post about, but it does relate to the writing I do for work.

About a week ago I received a letter from an inmate at a nearby prison. This isn't uncommon in my job but this one has stuck with me.

In the letter, the woman statesn that she is a 35-year-old mother of three kids and a suburban housewife that has been wrongfully convicted of a crime she didn't commit.

No surprise there...every person in prison is innocent, but I always like to think that maybe someone might be...maybe the justice system failed somewhere.

So, I looked into her background. I googled her name and found out that she was convicted of murdering her husband in 2006. The murder happened in 2005. There was alos a photo of her and she was a very pretty young blonde woman.

So, I start reading the details about the case.

One morning, this woman called 911 about 6:30 a.m. to say that she slept in her kids room last night because they had trouble sleeping and when she woke she found the guns in the cabinet were missing and that her husband was hurt. This was the order she relayed the information.

Police arrived to find guns spread out on the front lawn (shot guns and rifles) all except for a .22 calibur that was missing.

The husband was rushed to the hospital and the wife was kept at the house to be questioned...something she claims violated her rights.

Husband later dies at the hospital and the police are suspicious of the wife.

A little while after the murder, the wife calls a man ans asks him to bulldoze her home. He says no it's too new of a home, but suggests she might want to buy some land instead and shows her a property.

This property has a pond and she comments on how nice that would be because her husband would have loved to take the children fishing.

No comments:

Post a Comment