Tuesday, July 12, 2011

AWOL

It has been over a year since I last blogged. I had several upsetting things happen in my personal life and I needed to take some time off.

But I am back now and hope things will run more smoothly this time. My apologies to my one follower. Thanks for following.

I will not be accessing the internet everyday. Therefore I will only blog once per week at this stage. I figure it would just be a hodge podge of different things. Thoughts, complaints, information.

I don't have anything planned for today, but will try to be better organized next time. It's time for me to hit the blogs and chat with fellow aspiring authors and already published author's again as well.

If there is anyone out there that you think I shouldn't miss, please let me know. I am very very new to the business. I haven't completed a manuscript, entered contests or been to any conventions. But that will all change this year (fingers crossed).

My writing experience comes from the journalism world - a daily newspaper close to where I live. So, I am a writer, but the world of fiction writing is new to me.

I was surprised one day when I was on my way to work and God was prodding me to write a different story then the one I had already started and been laboring on for a long time.

It was one of the many ideas that I had written down and thought that I might revisit one day. But God had put it in my heart to start that book now. This threw me for a loop. The new novel was a different genre than the previous and in a different era.

I have always written historicals, but they have always been in the nineteenth century. This one would take place in the roaring 20s. Something I knew little about. So, researching all over again, I had to learn all I could about the jazz age and begin anew.

And, here I am. At the beginning of that journey. Researched up and ready to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment